#MuseumWeek in your institution’s space
Invite your visitors to join #MuseumWeek by informing them about the event using posters, leaflets, and photo zones located in your physical space!
You can start with analyzing your space first: try to explore it imaging that you are a visitor. You can also observe how visitors interact with the space and talk to them. You might find these questions useful to consider:
- What is a visitor’s route?
- Do they stop by the information point?
- Do they pay attention to leaflets available?
- Where do they stop and why?
- How much time do you spend in the lounge zone (if you have one) and in the exhibition?
- Do they take pictures and where? Do they like taking selfies?
Take some notes so that you can discuss them with your colleagues. How can you inform visitors about #MuseumWeek?
We would like to suggest the following options:
- Create a leaflet about #MuseumWeek and your institution’s involvement: describe hashtags, inspire visitors to take pictures and share them on social media using hashtags and mentioning your institution;
- Put additional information on the walls or exhibition stands where possible;
Invitation to share comments at American Alliance of Museums annual conference
- Organize a photo zone, which can be used on May 18th, when #PhotoMW is the topic of the day;
Photo zone at Arizona Science Center
#MuseumWeek photo zone in Museum and Exhibition Complex of the Moscow region “New Jerusalem”, 2018
- Include posts from social media into the space, for instance, to celebrate #WomenInCulture initiative
Arizona Science Center
Download all the graphic elements in order to prepare for #MuseumWeek 2019!
You might also like